The ideal location of the hotel allows you to discover the city and its emblematic places on foot. Take the time to stroll under the French Riviera sun and stroll through the narrow streets.
You can join the small tourist train which leaves opposite the hotel.
- Take the Allées de la Liberté shaded by beautiful plane trees. Your attention will be drawn to the Pétanque players. The flower market is held there every morning. On Saturdays all day long, you can hunt at the flea market in these same places.
Walk past the town hall and take the rue St Antoine, dotted with small typical restaurants. You will arrive at the "Suquet", which in Provençal means the summit and the church Notre Dame de l'Espérance built in the 16th and 17th centuries.
From a shaded terrace, panoramic view of the city, the Croisette, the Lérins islands.
Recommended visit of the Musée de la Castre located in the former castle of Cannes built in the 11th and 12th centuries.
This walk can be done without fear day and night.
In July and August, magnificent concerts are given on the square in front of the church Notre Dame de l'Espérance.
- Leaving these places, you will reach the Forville Market, where the local fishermen bring their catch, the horticulturists their various flowers, and the market gardeners their seasonal produce. The market is open every day in the morning until 1 p.m. except on Mondays, reserved for Brocanteurs.
Back from the market, take the rue Meynadier, a charming pedestrian street with its merchants, including Ernest (Chocolatier and caterer), Jean Luc Pélé (Chocolatier, Pastry Chef and excellent macaroons), Ceneri the cheese maturer, etc...
And the rue Félix Faure and all its restaurants also pedestrianised, recently embellished. Here you are back, in front of the hotel.
- The Antibes street, with many shops, ideal for shopping as well as all its perpendicular streets.
After the Gray D'Albion hotel, turn right on rue du Commandant André, you will be in the Carré d'Or, the trendy nightlife district of Cannes.
You will arrive on the Croisette, a unique place where you can admire the Palaces, all the luxury shops and the most prestigious jewellers.
The Croisette and its fine sandy beaches extend from the tip of Palm Beach with the Port Canto to the Old Port and the Quai Saint Pierre with its beautiful yachts and the Cruise Terminal.
During the summer season, the bay of Cannes is the setting for the International Festival of Pyrotechnic Art.
- Discover the Palais des Festivals and Congresses located on the Croisette facing the Splendid.
You will be able to look for the footprints of the great international stars on its esplanade.
Don't forget to climb the steps of the Palace and like a star of the Festival, have your picture taken.
It should be noted that the Film Festival alone attracts more journalists than the Olympic Games (the latter only take place every 4 years).
In this palace, many shows are programmed (theatre, concerts, operas, ballets, ...). conferences and congresses.
- Embarkation for the Lérins islands listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, small paradise for nature lovers, beautiful landscapes and swimming in wild creeks.
Shuttles ensure the crossing in 10 to 15 minutes from the Vieux Port, (landing stage 200m from the hotel).
" Sainte-Marguerite Island is home to the Royal Fort, in which the mysterious Iron Mask, twin brother of Louis XIV "the Sun King", was imprisoned. It is possible to visit his cell...
Don't miss the Grand Botanical Garden and the Museum of the Sea. A unique forest area, composed of Mediterranean flora (Maritime and Aleppo Pines, Eucalyptus, Arbutus trees), is home to many species of migratory birds.
Bring your Pan bagnat and pissaladière or make a stop at the restaurant La Guérite and its exceptional setting
"L'Île Saint-Honorat", a jewel of sunny greenery and preserved seabed.
The community of the monks of Lerins will make you discover their monastery founded in 427. While praying in silence, the Cistercian monks live in harmony with nature and cultivate a renowned vineyard producing excellent wine. In addition to spiritual foods, you will be able to taste various liqueurs such as the yellow or green Lerina and the Lerincello.
A place of peace and ideal walking, visit the 7 chapels located all around the island and many creeks suitable for swimming and picnicking.
Charming restaurant La Tonnelle and shop with products from the monastery.